Tuesday 12 April 2011

To Be Young Again


Not budging from being 27 years old.
I’m not.
Just saying. It’s where my mindset it stuck.
Had the pleasure of seeing my 19 year-old son and his girlfriend tonight. They’re in dilemmas. The nagging question looms.
“What am I going to do with my life?”
In typical project management style I started to rattle off options. Complete with prerequisites and end results.
The path they choose today, could affect the rest of their lives.
So many choices. The root of it all. To make money.
Education factors in on the drawing board for some directions. Yet career options tangle with motivation and commitment.
Is it truly what the heart desires?
I took myself back to their age. I wanted to have my name in lights. Thought I could be a dancer. Dreamt of being on-stage. Actually took dance classes through till my first couple years living in the big smoke – Toronto.
The more realistic notion was being a stock broker. But I couldn’t get a job without the course. Not even as a secretary.
My life evolved. To be honest I’m still searching. Suppose that’s what we do in life.
So I reiterate my logic to them.
“It’s better to be doing something, then nothing at all. Because something will eventually lead to something else.”
Just saying.
Oh, to be young again!

2 comments:

Angela Hemming said...

"Something will eventually lead to something else."

Words of wisdom!

A Fresh Thinker said...

You have to DO something! Thanks for reading missy!